Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sausage and Cheese Omelette, Scrapple and Beer

Having a beer with my meal is a must. Depending on the type of food I'm eating my choice of beer will vary. If I'm eating out at a restaurant or bar, my decision will be based on what's on tap. If I'm eating at home, I'll pick whatever beer I have in the fridge. Last Saturday I went to the diner to get breakfast. I know what your thinking, and I can honestly say I didn't order a beer with my eggs. It did get me thinking though, and I realized as often as I eat at a diner I can't remember I time I ordered a beer with my chicken salad club (what I usually order). I've gone to the diner for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and even after bar hours and never asked for a draft. Most diners I've been to do have a full bar on premise, but their beer menu isn't as developed as their food menu. The diner I went to offered the basics: Bud, Miller, and Coors products all served in bottles. No thanks, I'll stick with the unsweetened tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment