Tuesday, March 1, 2011

One Night Stand with Beer

I woke up Sunday with some of the worse back pain I've ever had. I have no clue what I did, but my back was sore most of the day to the point where I had a hard time moving. When it came time head home, I decided to let Lauren do the driving especially since she offered. While our drive home, I became hungry and suggested stopping somewhere. We were traveling a dark highway through the state of New York when out of nowhere we spotted an Applebees. We were looking to get something quick and the fact that we had a gift card was all the motivation we needed to stop.

Because it was late Sunday night I wasn't in the mood to drink; I even mentioned to Lauren that I planned to order ice tea. Most of the restaurant was closed off so we were seated in the bar section where they had the Heat/Knicks game on. Whenever I go to a restaurant, I always scan the bar area to see what they have on tap even if I don't plan to drink. Looking at the line of beers on tap, I knew each beer expect one. In the middle of the row was a tap that had a barrel on the top which immediately spiked my interest. Intrigued about this beer I questioned the server about this beer and she explained that it was a local beer called Captain Lawrence Pale Ale. It was then that I threw the towel in for ice tea.

I found the beer smooth in taste and refreshing after such a long day. As most of the beers I drank over the weekend were light in color, this was definitely a darker beer. If I were out and saw this beer on tap, I would order this beer again, but because I've never even heard of this before I doubt I'll have another chance to try it. I guess you can say my experience with Captain Lawrence Pale Ale was like a one night stand. It was just nice seeing that an Applebees which advertises being a neighborhood bar and grill actually had some local beer.

If your wondering, No, I didn't order a brewtus.


No comments:

Post a Comment