Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Drafts During the Baseball Draft

For the past two weeks I've been looking forward to starting my fantasy baseball league. Unlike Football, there doesn't seem to be as much interest. After not participating in one last year due to not getting enough members, I was anxious to join one for this season and had my draft Monday night at Pizzeria UNOs. It's been quite some time since my last visit, which surprises me since I like their food and think their beer menu is outstanding and includes rare beers. Whenever you drive past this place you can't help but notice the huge sign they have posted out front that mentions their rotating beers and if there is immediate seating. I remember one July they displayed a message stating they had a keg of Troegs Mad Elf to celebrate Christmas in July. After looking at the draft list I went with an UNOs exclusive: Weyerbacher Big Ern's IPA. This must have been a popular choice as another person from my league ordered this beer and loved it. When I got my first draft I wasn't sure if I was served the correct beer as I noticed the color being much lighter than most IPAs I've ordered. Although the beer was a lighter IPA it was refreshing. With each sip I could taste the hop flavor, but not once was I overwhelmed with a strong bite that some IPAs provide. This beer was so smooth that by the time the draft was about to begin I was finishing up my second and ordering a third.

Because we were there during Happy Hour, we got to order from the Bar menu which included $2.99 snacks. I definately took advantage of the cheap prices and ordered Avocado Egg rolls, Boneless Buffalo Wings, Steak on a Stick, and Shrimp and Crab Fondue. All was delicious and it was even mentioned that H Loves Food (perhaps a new blog idea?)

I felt I had a successful draft, and I'm confident with my picks. With my first pick (4th overall) I went with Joe Mauer of the Twins. I've included pictures of my lineup below and would love to hear some feedback on how you think I'll do this upcoming season. As there is a cash prize for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place I'm wanting to win so I have extra money for brews!

By the way, If your wondering I named my team Danys Baez #1 Fan.








1 comment: