Sunday, March 27, 2011

An IPA Celebration

I mentioned the other day how it's been some time since I enjoyed a good beer. Beer was on my mind all day, so by the time I left work, I really have the urge to drink one. I even posted on Facebook if anyone could recomend a beer I should try. From the feedback I received there are several that were added to my beer list. I'm guessing the biggest problem I'll have is actually finding it at a local beer store. I know with most stores, if you talk to the manager they have no issue ordering it. I was thinking, now that I purchased a house, I will plan a theme party and ask everyone attending to bring a case of their favorite exotic beer. This would make a good blog.

I worked another Saturday and ended up going to Isabella in Conshohocken. I was a bit nervous all week because when I attempted to set up dinner reservations I was informed they don't take them. The problem with not taking reservations is that it's a free for all. If the place is crowded you might as well go to another place to eat, because who knows when and if you will be seated. I'm not sure if it were the weather but when I walked inside, it was a lighter crowd. I told my coworkers where I was going, and the first thing people said was that I am going to love it because of their beer menu. They further explained Isabella had a great selection of Craft Beer.

I got the bar and noticed they had Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA. I was about to order this beer until I noticed they had ANOTHER IPA on tap! It's been some time since I had to make a decision between IPAs, as most places will only offer one (if I'm lucky). I went with the Lagunitas IPA which is brewed in California, and it reminded of the show Laguna Beach. I've never had this beer but the description stated it was smooth and had a citrus aftertaste. Normally, I ask for samples, but I didn't bother this time. I was quite confident I would enjoy this beer. I got my beer from the bartender and saw it was served in a Dogfish head beer glass, which added to my list on why you need to check this place out. Although I wasn't drinking Dogfish head beer, I'm certain the head brewers at Dogfish wouldn't be disappointed to serve this IPA in their glass as it had an awesome taste. It was so enjoyable I drank three and asked Lauren to drive home.

Lately, I've really enjoyed what Conshohocken has to offer, and can see how its often said this is an up and coming area. The restaurant are bars in this area are greatly underrated, and I have yet to be disappointed with any of their beer menus. Last week when I went to Coyote Crossing I blogged about the beer I tried, Heavy Seas. Surprise! Isabella also also had this beer on tap and I learned it is brewed in Maryland. I thought about trying a different craft beer from their selection, but I was in the mood for an IPA, especially after remembering how I proclaimed my love them.







No comments:

Post a Comment