Wednesday, March 23, 2011

GODS Gift to Us

Like many of my fellow readers when I first started drinking beer I wasn't concerned with taste. While in college most of my beer choices revolved around cost, and a keg of Keystone Light or Ice was the cheapest option. Obviously my taste (and wallet) has grown since those days as I now will try any beer at least once, and maybe twice. As I've written before, the IPA beer type is by far my favorite. As I tell many trying an IPA for the first time if you are not familar with the taste you most likely won't enjoy it. I consider IPA beers similar to wine in that it's an acquired distinct taste that for many can be too bitter, hoppy and have an aftertaste/bite. As my love of IPAs grew, I've tried all different kinds including: Magic Hat Roxy Rollies, Flying Fish Hopfish, and Victory HopDevil. But there's one IPA beer that I consider the king of all IPAs; The Dogfish Head 60 minute IPA. Since the first time I've tried this Delaware brewed beer I instantly fell in love. I still remember my experience, and can provide vivid details of where I was at, the time, and even what I was wearing. When you fall in love with a beer, the memory lasts forever. The other night I reconnected with an old beer as I ordered a draft for dinner at PJs in Maple Shade. One of the best feelings with beer is the memories it creates and for that second while drinking a delicious beer nothing else matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment